HOW TO ORDER
HALL OF FAME
ON LINE CLINICS
PRODUCTS > KITS - HO Scale Geographically / Numerically with thumb nails
Previous Kit - Next Kit
Weeks Mills Station, Freight House and Water Tower
Weeks Mills, Maine
Kit 1036-A Station (not yet released)
Kit 1036-B Fright House
Kit 1036-C Water Tower
Photo: by David E. Bolduc. From the book "The Weeks Mills "Y" of the Two-Footers."
The Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Railroad was incorporated in 1854 but never built until 1894. It was a small two-foot gauge railroad built to get grain from the fields and lumber from the hills to Wiscasset where it could then be shipped to other parts of the country via ships or connections with the Maine Central Railroad. The line never actually reached Waterville or Farmington, Maine. Its final terminus was at Albion, Maine. The WW&F lasted until June 15, 1933.
These particular kits represents the Weeks Mills Structures. They were located at mile post 28.2.
The Freight House
Left Photo: Weeks Mills Freight House circa early 1900's.
Right Photo: Weeks Mills Freigh Station - reproductoin at Alna, Maine.
The Water Tower
Prototype photo courtesy of Gary Kohler - Maine Two-Foot Quarterly Publication.
Drawings by Elsworth Gray were referenced for the production of this kit.
TOP OF PAGE
© Bollinger Edgerly Scale Trains. Legal.